I. In the following sentences supply the articles (a, an or the) if they are necessary. If no article is necessary, write Ø.
1. Jason’s father bought him a bicycle that he ahd wanted for his birthday.
2. The statue of liberty was a gift of friendship from Ø France to Ø United States.
3. Rita is studying Ø English and Ø math this semester.
4. The judged asked a witness to tel the truth.
5. please give me a cup of Ø coffee with Ø cream and Ø sugar.
6. The big books on the table are for my historis class.
7. When you go to the store, please buy a bottle of Ø chocolate milk and a dozen oranges.
8. there are only a seat left for Ø tonight’s musical at the university.
9. John and Mercy went to Ø school yesterday and then studied in Ø library before returning home.
10. What did you eat for Ø breakfast this morning?
11. Rita plays a violin and her sister plays a guitar.
12. While we were in ØAlaska, we saw an Eskimo village.
13. The chair that you are sitting is broken.
14. on our trip to Ø spain, we crossed the atlantic ocean.
15. Phil cannot go to the movies tonight because he has to write an essay.
II. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form of other.
1. This pen isn’t working. Please give me another pen.
2. If you’re still thirsty. I’ll make another pot of coffee.
3. This dictionary has a page missing. Please give me another dictionary.
4. He doesn’t need those books. He needs the others.
5. There are thirty people in the room. Twenty are form Latin America and the other are from other countires.
6. Six people are in the store. Two were buying meat. anotherwas looking at magazines. Another was eating a candy bar. The other were walking around looking dor more food.
7. This glass of milk is sour. anotherglass of milk is sour too.
8. The army was practicing its drills. One group was doing artillery practice. anotherwas marching; anotherwas at attention; and the other was practicing combat tactics.
9. There are seven students from Japan. otherare from Iran, and the otherare from otherplaces.
10. We looked at cars today. They first two we far too expensive, but the otherones were reasonably priced.